Sunday, August 5, 2012

Goodbyes, good wines, and a bundle of laughs

Tuesday, July 31st

My mum came today. Unfortunately, I had work all day. Last week I made her a map on google docs on how to get to a few places while I was working. I got several calls throughout the day from her with questions, but I was excited to have her there.

Tuesday was a very exciting day at work, well after work. Anne was sick :( I started out the day meeting the new guy. I had started Monday and would be there for 10 weeks. He is from Romania. A pretty chill guy. He'll be good there, but unfortunately it was our last week. After that we started to get ready for the showcase. Some of the kids went in to edit with Les, but we pretty much had to entertain the rest of them. It was tough. They didn't have anything to do, so they kind of just ran wild.

I stayed in for lunch. I had my last rice and egg meal. It was as yummy as always. I would have gone to lunch with everyone, but Pauline wasn't there so I was supposed to go with the kids to swimming. It wasn't until after lunch when I realized swimming had been canceled. They were cleaning the pool. How silly of me. The next two hours were spent trying to keep the kids under control.

We had them work on making bracelets for the showcase. They used beads that some of them had made a few weeks earlier. Originally the beads were to be used for wind chimes, but they didn't balance to well. One of the girls got so upset she yelled that Gina was meaner than the Devil. Before she had not been attached to the chimes. Not until they were being taken apart. Well we dealt with it. I wouldn't let her use them for something other than making jewelry to sell and she said I was meaner than Gina. The funny thing was at the showcase I was her best friend. She came up to hug me about 4 different times during the beginning go the night (that is another story). In the end she was mad, but she got over it.

After we got off about 5 pm the three interns headed off to Arthurs. It the pub on the corner we turn onto for work. It was cute and comfortable. The bartender/waiter was really nice and patient. I ended up getting a cheeseburger with not bun (big surprise..). We spent the next hour and a half laughing and crying. We had some emotional discussions about politics and past experiences. We pretty much covers every topic you could think of. It was great and made me realize how much I was going to miss everyone. I love everyone I had met on the trip, but the three people I work with are amazing and will be hardest to leave.

After dinner we head back to the Clubhouse. We had an "adult" going away party. It was the inters, the new guy, Les, Gina (the boss), Ivanna, Johanka, and Pauline. It was a lot of fun. We drank wine and listened to music. Talked and danced. It was a deadly four hours. Deadly in the good way, of course. A little after 11 I headed out to catch the bus. I got home around midnight and showed my mom around the place, even though she had been there for several hours. I just wanted to show her a few things she may not know about the apartment. That night I slept on the floor on couch cushions. It had been a challenging day with the kids and an interactive day with my fabulous coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment