Sunday, August 5, 2012

The finally days of order amongst chaos

Wednesday, August 1st

Unfortunately, I did not make it into the top 30 of the contest I was in :( I was really trying for it, but getting votes is not my thing. I hate trying to get votes and I always will. The day started out a little weird. My mom had to get up at 5 so I ended up waking her. Her alarm had not worked and mine had, but she wasn't used to the sound. After she left for her countryside bus tour I grabbed my blanket and pillow and slept in the bed until I woke up on time, maybe even early. I felt pretty well refreshed. I got ready and headed for the bus.

I was the first one at work other than Johanka. Gina ended up not feeling too well. She had stayed much later and I think the late night exhausted her after spending so much time getting ready for the showcase. During the "morning" section we let them practice their performances. Two of the boys were singing so they practiced their songs. I was sooo proud of them. They are both good, confident singers/rappers. After a few practices we had to let Brandon take over the music room. We was adding background music to the kids songs we had recorded the previous week. He spent the whole day in there. Zoe and Alex practiced their dance, and while they were doing that I worked on more bracelets. I made a lot of the girls because they liked how I did it.

I also helped them practice the words to a song. It is a silly song I learned in elementary. Miss Susy had a steamboat the steamboat had a bell, Miss went to heaven.....etc. I'm pretty sure the parents were going to hate it so I wouldn't repeat it. lol.

We took our lunch in. I grabbed some stuff from the Spar for lunch. Some cheese and lunch meat that I could full up together, then I also got my favorite yogurt and potato wedges. It was probably all terrible for me but oh, so yummy. Aisling came in to get something signed and ended up just hanging out with us for a while.

After lunch the chaos started. We literally had nothing for them to do. They war running around like crazy. One kid, younger than most of the others, was squirting paint everywhere. I told him you could not use anymore because it was all over the table. He got mad and yelled at me. He even shoved me because he didn't want to talk to me. I went in and hung out with Brandon because I couldn't deal with the noise anymore. He came to apologize and get more paint.

Once all the kids were gone we cleaned. We were all exhausted from the night before (did I mention Anne was back!). It was the evening of our going away dinner with EUSA. We left work early, but really there wasn't anything else we could do. We walked there and ate dinner. After dinner there was a trivia game and my team came in 3rd :( We didn't get anything, but one of there girls on our team won the bonus game. She had to pronounce a bunch of Irish street names. She did really well.

I hung around a little after and talked to some of my Chapman girls. I told the two who had gone with me to Galway the first time about my second trip. We got an extra glass of wine because some people didn't show up and I went to meet my mom on O'Connell.

This was the first time we had really seen each other since she had gotten there. We headed off to grab a CD of photos from a photo shoot. We then walked around. Got a title lost but it was really peaceful. Once finally on the bus we were able to really relax. I was very tired from the busy last couple days I had so we pretty much headed to bed. Thursday was the day of the showcase and about a 10 hour day. Little did I know what would be in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment