Sunday, July 8, 2012

CLOSED and a night of fun

Tuesday, July 3rd

The day started out pretty rough. I was super tired because I had stayed up too late. I ended up hitting snooze on my alarm and got up an hour after I was supposed to. What made it worse was that this was the day I was supposed to late a camp. The camp I help lead is a film making camp. Fortunately, Les had done it about a million times and only needed to talk to me for about 5 seconds. He has made and been in quite a few films.

It started out pretty simple. He made them watch a video about camera angles and focus twice, but this time they were very jittery. Then we broke up into to groups and write two plots. My group decided bombs war a good idea. In summary the plot goes as follows:

The kids get locked into the clubhouse because the power goes out and the doors are electric. While looking for something to eat one of the kids wanders into the music room and bumps into something. It was a BOMB and it started counting down from 30 minutes. A flashback happens to explain that the clubhouse was bunker back in WWII and for that reason the windows are bullet-proof as well. Chaos ensues and they can't figure out how to get out of the building. They can't use their cell phones because they aren't allowed in the clubhouse. Secrets start to pour out. Some are embarrassing/funny while others are sad. They give up and huddle under the tables preparing to be blasted into bits. Then the bond is a dud.

The other group just spent their time coming up with characters there were 5 superheros (goodies) and 5 villains (baddies). The villains all had weird weaknesses like cheese or music. In the end we combined the stories. You may ask how that is possible and it is easier than it sounds.

Basically, instead of the bomb being a dud it actually is a secret project that gives people super powers. So they all get powers. Some want to protect the world but some want to take over the world. It ends with them all walking out in costume. Very cute. We will see how it all turns out.

After this it was lunch time, my favorite our of the day. Today we went to a place called the "Food Gallery". I was cute but I couldn't eat anything there. I went to the fish and chips place done the street and got some garlic cheesy chips. Soo... yummy. They were all I ate for lunch, but they were soo filling and rich that I didn't need anything else. We went back and got ready for the art camp.

Today was a stamp making day. I ended up talking to Les the whole day. We started talking about the camp and then got on to what I need to see in Ireland. He grew up close to the apartments we live in, so  he's an old Dubliner. He names off a bunch of places I need to see, and pubs I need to stop at. I asked him to give me a list, so hopefully he'll make one. I went and helped with the stamps for a little while but I wasn't really needed, so I talked to him again.

This was our early day, so we get off a little earlier. I decided to head home and try and grab the stuff I needed from Penney's WELL I found out the hard way that all of the OMNI closes at 6 and I got there after 6 :( No luck for me. I walked home and was pretty tired, so I took a little break. Ate dine, watched a short TV show and headed out the the usual Dicey's 2 euro drink night. It was fun. I had a little bit of a rough start to my day but it was great seeing everyone. I had been sick the whole week before, and didn't hang out with anyone. After another good night we headed home early, so we could actually catch the bus for once.  It was to bed I went almost straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment